Friday, December 30, 2011

Slacking 3; Safari!

Today we went to the Safari park in GZ. It was absolutely amazing. We got there at about 11am and stayed until 4pm. It was so much fun and there was SO much to do. We spent the day feeding baby tigers, petting koala bears, going on a safari through Asia and Africa and feeding giraffes! While feeding the giraffes long branch like things {which were 15 yuan} my dad found it would be hilarious to put the brand on my head so the giraffe would come after my head because it was food. Background; I am terrified of big animals, but wanted my picture with these giraffes because they were so amazing. So as he put this branch over my head a huge giraffe comes sweeping his tongue to my head/neck. I literally fell to the ground in absolute horror and couldn't breathe for quite awhile after...on the bright side i am sure it brightened everyone else's day! ;) We also discovered that Ting Ting does NOT like animals...any of them quite honestly and she screamed a lot of the safari. Unless we were a good 10 feet away and separated by glass. Lovely. We met a fabulous little monkey baby who I wanted to take home and actually begged for...apparently he wouldn't make it through customs...sigh. As you can tell it was such a great day! We loved all of it and would suggest it to ANYONE who is in GZ.
We then got to meet the amazing Cross Family for dinner and walked around Shaiman Island. It was so nice to be around Americans {we don't have a group this trip..sadface} and to meet their precious children! They are such an amazing and inspirational family.
It was a fabulous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment