Friday, December 16, 2011

Xi'an




We are Here. Safe and Sound. Happy Happy and closer to Ainsley Ting than ever. The flight went well and was uneventful and we arrived in a very cold Xi'an a bit early.
We met our sweet part time guide, Wendy and she took us to dinner which was...interesting...I forgot how China food was.
This trip so far has been so very amazing. God's fingerprints laced through the entire thing. From luggage to hearts to mountains. HE is in control. I am so thankful for that.
Tomorrow we will head to the Terra-Cotta Warriors. We are thrilled to see that amazing piece of history!
As we inch closer and closer to Ainsley Faith Day my heart flutters and feels so many emotions. I don't think that reality has actually hit yet. I am still in this daze of "oh my gosh...it's really happening" 48 hours from right now...love will take us in. love will take Ainsley in. There will be one less orphan in the world and our family will be complete. Oh, how great our God is.
Christmas music is playing here constantly. There are so many beautiful lights and decorations and things. It is amazing and so beautiful.
I cannot wait to see how God continues to work through our life and through Ainsley's life.
Please keep the prayers coming. We feel them and appreciate them more and more.
Love to all of you at home!
xoxo-ashton

4 comments:

  1. SO excited for you!! Have fun sight-seeing and I can't wait for Ainsley Day!!! (((hugs to all)))

    love & blessings,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...btw, I was just looking at your timeline, aka: "the wait" for Ainsley ~ WOW! So fast!! ...this most certainly is a journey laced with God's fingerprints. Seems like just the other day you were emailing her photo to me for that first glimpse of her sweetness. SO happy for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all are in Xi'an. How cool that you get to see the Terra Cotta warriors. OK, so I'm tellin' my age but I remember the issue of National Geographic that came out right after they were found in 1974.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are in Xi'an now...so close!! Now, don't forget...don't forget to p/u one little other cutie while there and sneak her out in one of your purses...and her momma will pick her up in South Carolina, ok? Blow some kisses that way for me....

    ReplyDelete